Statement regarding AdBlue supply


Incitec Pivot Limited’s Gibson Island manufacturing plant in Brisbane makes fertiliser grade urea which is used by Australian farmers. A very small proportion of urea made at the plant is used to make AdBlue solution. 

Incitec Pivot Limited supplies around 10 per cent of the Australian market for AdBlue solution and is the only Australian manufacturer to make the solution from urea melt. The remaining 90 per cent of the Australian AdBlue market is reliant on imports of technical grade urea.

We are fully committed to supplying our domestic customers’ requirements and are currently investigating ways we can increase manufacturing capacity of the urea used to make AdBlue solution over the next few months.

We are working closely with our customers and keeping them updated. We are also working closely with the Federal Government and the broader industry, including through the AdBlue Taskforce which was established by the Federal Government yesterday. The Taskforce will work across government and with industry to develop solutions to any potential future supply constraints.

Last month we announced manufacturing will cease at Gibson Island at the end of 2022. We made this decision reluctantly, following being unable to secure long term, affordable gas supply. More information on this announcement is available in this media release here.


For more information, please contact:

Matthew Flugge
Vice President Group Corporate Affairs
m: +61 409 705 176

Debbie Guest
Group Corporate Affairs Manager
m: +61 455 745 639