♦ Products and Services
|Through Incitec Pivot Fertilisers, IPL supplies approximately two million tonnes of fertiliser per year across Eastern and Southern Australia. We distribute fertilisers manufactured in our four manufacturing operations in Australia as well as imported fertilisers. Our product range includes products such as urea, ammonium phosphates, ammonium sulphate, single super-phosphates, anhydrous ammonia as well as speciality products such as those treated with urease and nitrification inhibitors. Blending facilities for solid fertilisers are located at strategic centres throughout the market place, offering a range of blends and, for farmers who request them, individual custom blends tailored to specific needs.|
Our sustainability focus within the fertiliser value chain is on ensuring that the health, safety and environmental impact of products and services are considered and managed responsibly throughout the product life cycle, with a particular emphasis on the effective use of fertilisers.
Product Stewardship regarding fertiliser products is the responsibility of the Agronomy function within IPL and our approach is defined in our Product Design and Stewardship Standard, included in our Health, Safety and Environment Management System. The Standard requires that “health, safety and environmental impact of products, product packaging and services are considered and managed responsibly and ethically throughout the product life cycle, including: research and development; purchase of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; manufacture; formulation; packaging; labelling; storage; sale; transport; use and the disposal of damaged products, waste and packaging.” Many industry issues concerning agricultural fertilisers are not confined to individual suppliers. These are addressed at the industry level through Fertilizer Australia. As Australia’s largest fertiliser supplier, IPL is a key member of Fertilizer Australia and actively engages in their Product Stewardship activities.
We supply explosives through the Dyno Nobel brand in the Americas, Europe, Australia and the Asia Pacific. We manufacture, distribute and sell bulk and packaged ammonium nitrate-based explosives and blasting supplies as well as providing services to customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries.
Efforts to mitigate the environmental impacts of our explosives products continue to be focused on improving the sustainability of the input materials we use for manufacture, as well as the impacts resulting from their use.
Our focus includes:
• Ongoing fertiliser research and development programs focused on joint development and extension with customers, including the development and promotion of enhanced efficiency and low GHG emission fertilisers.
• Adopting and promoting the Fertcare principles and code of practice for responsible fertiliser use, a joint initiative between Fertilizer Australia Inc. and the Australian Fertiliser Services Association.
• Maintaining product quality.
• The provision of R&D support to facilitate the internal recycling of both high nutrient waste waters and old product into manufacturing.
• Recycling our packaging, as well as re-using product that did not meet final specifications, has been returned by customers or was used during experimental work to manufacture new product.
• The testing of third party recycled customer oils and hydrocarbons recovered from non-traditional waste materials to replace virgin oils in explosives manufacture.
• Researching and developing explosives which minimise post-blast NOx fumes.